Just before the end of the month and in keeping with AMD's new Catalyst driver every month thing, we get word of Catalyst 11.7 as well as a bonus driver Catalyst 11.8 preview.
As you would expect, there are a long list of resolved issues.
• All issues experienced with mouse cursor lag have been resolved
• Log event (Event ID 62464) issues when playing video content have been resolved
• Resolves system hangs seen in the AMD Catalyst™ 11.6 driver on specific HDMI and DP displays
• Bluray playback using PowerDVD 10 under High Performance mode no longer randomly displays a blank screen.
• Some Divx format files no longer display video corruption using WinDVD.
• AMD SteadyVideo is now applied to Home Video clips using WinDVD 10.
• Chequerboard corruption is no longer displayed intermittently when playing DirectX 10 titles in a Crossfire configuration and Eyefinity enabled.
• Shogun II now renders the cinematics correctly when run in various Eyefinity configurations.
• Video playback now works correctly when Hardware acceleration is enabled with VLC Player version 1.1.9.
• Crossfire now functions correctly when playing Hamilton's Great Adventure.
• PowerDVD now correctly handles 3D Bluray content.
• Portal 2 no longer displays flickering on water surface textures with Medium and Low Shader detail settings.
And in the 11.8 preview driver you can look forward to the following.
• Enables AMD HD3D technology support on DisplayPort panels, such as Samsung 750 and 950 series 3D displays.
• Improves performance up to 10% in Crysis 2 DirectX 11 version for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
• Improves performance up to 8% in Fear 3 DirectX 11 version with application enabled Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
• Improves performance up to 30% when AMD's Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) is enabled through the Catalyst™ Control Center on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
As always, you can expect a full Windows 7 Driver Analysis of the 11.7 driver from Shane in the next day or two.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.