Our Download of the Day today is Notepad++ 5.9.3.
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
User Defined Syntax Highlighting
Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
Dynamic position of Views
File Status Auto-detection
Zoom in and zoom out
Multi-Language environment supported
Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
Macro recording and playback
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 5.9.3
# New features and fixed bugs:
* Update Scintilla to 2.27.
* Make Recent File List totally customizable.
* Add Vertical File Switcher feature.
* Add active folding area highlighting feature (only for box and circle mode).
* Detect the absence of Scintilla.
* Add 2 plugins messages NPPM_GETLANGUAGENAME & NPPM_GETLANGUAGEDESC.
* Fix "Replace all" feature hangs on the Regular Expression '$'.
* Fix wrong result returned by NPPM_GETLANGUAGENAME.