Our Download of the Day today is K-Lite Codec Pack 7.5.0.
The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files.
With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
• It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
• All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
• It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
• The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to install just those components that you really want.
• The customization abilities even go beyond the component level. Some components are able to handle multiple formats. You can specify exactly which components should handle which formats. The pack can thus be fully tweaked to your own specific needs and preferences.
• Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
• It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
• It does not contain any bad, buggy or unstable codecs.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 7.5.0 Full
* Updated Media Player Classic Home Cinema to version 22.214.171.12450
* Updated ffdshow to revision 3947
* Note regarding ffdshow: ffmpeg-mt has been integrated into libavcodec
* Updated DirectVobSub to version 2.40.3450.0
* Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.0.5
* Updated Win7DSFilterTweaker to version 4.5
* Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.47
* Added LAV Splitter. This is a source filter that supports a large number of container formats.
* Added LAV Audio decoder
* Removed Gabest MP4 Splitter
* Removed Gabest MPEG Splitter
* Removed Gabest Matroska Splitter
* Removed Gabest FLV Splitter
* Removed Gabest MPEG Audio Splitter
* Improved playback of MOV and M2TS files
* Improved Blu-ray playback support. It is now possible to play the main movie by opening the "BDMVindex.bdmv" file. Playback only works if the disc is decrypted (using a tool such as AnyDVD HD).