Cooler Master has extended its CM Storm branding into the world of gaming headsets today with the launch of the CM Storm Sirus 5.1 headset.
While being Cooler Master's first shot at a gaming headset, they look to have gone all out when running over the feature set, promising 'true' 5.1 channel surround sound with its eight internal speakers (four on each side), uni-directional mic, gold-plated USB connectors and a cool piece of supporting software included with it that CM calls the "Tactical Mixing Console", allowing players individual adjustment for each speaker and better overall control of the sound delivery, along with customized profiles being possible that better suit individual game titles.
The two main 40mm speakers promise a deep powerful bass along with six 30mm drivers that provide crisp, directional audio that make up the 5.1 experience. The specs state a frequency response of 10Hz - 20,000Hz and an impedance of 32 Ohms.
Meanwhile, the earpads are interchangeable with the inclusion of leatherette and breathable waved earpads, with the former being better for noise cancellation and the latter for a better 'oxygenated' experience.
To give you an idea on price, the Sirus will first reach European shelves mid August at an RRP of 119.99.
As the NDA was just lifted today on the CM Storm Sirus 5.1, a bunch of reviews have now surfaced on the web looking at it in detail :-
- CM Storm Sirus True 5.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset @ HiTechLegion
- Cooler Master Storm Sirus Headset @ LANOC
- Cooler Master Storm Sirus Headset @ Pureoverclock
- Cooler Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Headset @ Hardware Canucks
- Cooler Master CM Storm Sirius 5.1 Gaming Headset @ Tweaknews
- CM Storm Sirus 5.1 Gaming Headset @ Benchmark Reviews
- Cooler Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Gaming Headset @ Modders-Inc.
- Cooler Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Gaming Headset @ Ninjalane
- Cooler Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Headset @ Legit Reviews