Our Download of the Day today is VLC Media Player 1.1.11.
VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols without external codec or program.
It can also be used as a server to stream in unicast or multicast in IPv4 or IPv6 on a high-bandwidth network.
VLC can play:
• MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 / DivX files from a hard disk, a CD-ROM drive, and so on
• DVDs, VCDs, and Audio CDs
• From satellite cards (DVB-S)
• Several types of network streams: UDP/RTP Unicast, UDP/RTP Multicast, HTTP, RTSP, MMS, etc.
• From acquisition or encoding cards (on GNU/Linux and Windows only)
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.1.11
* Fix buffer overflows in the RealMedia demuxer (CVE-2011-2587) and the AVI one (CVE-2011-2588).
# Mac OS X:
* Fixed scrolling direction if the input device's signal is inverted
* Update Auhal audio output to the latest API
* Fix images disappearing issue on the interface
* Reduced installation size by up to 30 MB
* Resolved conflict between iTunes and VLC wrt Media Key handling
# Mozilla/ActiveX webplugin:
* Fullscreen mode is fixed on Win32
* Very simple fullscreen controller is visible on Win32
# Demuxers/Meta Readers:
* Better support for cover art embedded in mp4, wma
* Fix AVI muxer so the generated files are readable on other players
* Multiple fixes for crashes and malfunctionning issues
# Qt Interface:
* Fix quitting on Linux
* Fix opening of VIDEO_TS folders through the open disc dialog on Windows
# Win32 port:
* Update of codecs, fixing the mpeg-2 decoder crash
* Update of Slovak, Lithunanian, Russian, Brazillian Portuguese, Serbian