Our TweakTown App of the Day today is News.me 1.1.1 for iPad with iOS 3.2 or later.
News.me luanched recently by the folks behind the popular Bit.ly short link service. It allows you to easily read what your friends and the people you follow on Twitter are reading in a fancy layout on the iPad.
News.me offers a remarkable new way to find out what the people who interest you are reading right now.
By allowing you to read a full, clean, continuous and ad-free stream of articles right inside the app, News.me offers a fresh, uncluttered, and compelling way to get your news via the luminaries you already follow on Twitter. News.me includes a free trial and is 99 cents per week after that.
- Explore others' News.me streams to see the news through their eyes
- Explore your own News.me stream based on the people that you follow
- Experience News.me streams of notable users such as Steven Johnson and Nicholas Kristof
- Read full articles ad-free from major publishers like the New York Times
- View full text, images, and videos in an elegant and streamlined layout
- Save stories for later in your News.me reading list (or add to Instapaper)
- Personalized relevance filters using bitly data
- Browse and read the news offline
The latest version of the app includes the following changes:
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- See which streams are cached when reading offline
- Minor bug fixes