Our Download of the Day today is Foobar2000 1.1.8 beta 1.
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
Full unicode support.
Easily customizable user interface layout.
Advanced tagging capabilities.
Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
Full ReplayGain support.
Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.1.8 beta 1
* Worked-around a reported security problem with certain WAV files and buggy system codecs.
* Skip silence DSP improvements.
* Improved MP3 tag handling (ID3v2) compliance:
- More compliant WXXX parsing.
- More compliant ID3v2.4 date handling.
- Compressed 2.3 tags are now readable.
- Due to heavy structural changes relevant code, please watch out for MP3 tagging regressions.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.