Our Download of the Day today is Defraggler 2.06.328.
Most defrag tools only allow you to defrag an entire drive. Defraggler lets you specify one or more files, folders, or the whole drive to defragment.
When Defraggler reads or writes a file, it uses the exact same techniques that Windows uses. Using Defraggler is just as safe for your files as using Windows.
At a glance, you can see how fragmented your hard drive is. Defraggler's drive map shows you blocks that are empty, not fragmented, or needing defragmentation.
• Give your hard drive a quick touch-up with Quick Defrag
• Organizes empty disk space to further prevent fragmentation
• Defragment while you sleep - and wake up with a faster PC. Set Defraggler to run daily, weekly or monthly
• Full Windows OS and Multi-lingual support
• Boot time defrag of system files
• Supports 37 major languages
Defraggler is made by Piriform, the company that also brought you CCleaner and Recuva, so is completely free!
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 2.06.328
- Added advanced options to schedule (timeout, idle time).
- Fragmentation calculation can now be customized.
- Improvements to file placement algorithms.
- Defraggler can now be assigned as the default defrag tool for Windows.
- Added enable/disable shell extension.
- Fixed issue that could cause df.exe to abort unexpectedly.
- Scheduler now displays the time it last ran.
- Improvements to non-English translations.
- Fixed incorrect tab-stop order in scheduler dialog.
- Added support for Kurdish language.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.