Our Download of the Day today is Rainlendar 2.9 Beta 107.
Rainlendar is a customizable calendar that displays the current month. It is a very lightweight application that doesn't use much system resources or take much space on your desktop.
Small and lightweight
Different type events can have different appearence
Supports Windows transparency
Synchronizes events between several clients
Localized for multiple languages
Shows an alarm when an event is due
Supports iCal files.
Shows Outlook's appointments
Includes a todo-list
Works also as Litestep plugin
Displays the current date in tray icon
Can stick to the desktop (i.e. doesn't hide with Show Desktop)
Hotkeys for quick access
Easy skinning with an UI
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 2.9 Beta 107
- Mac: Importing files with foreign letters in the filename should work now.
- Hidden windows are not drawn anymore to improve the performance.
- Offline file didn't work with Google calendar unless the task list was read from the server too.
- If the tray icon isn't selected for the skin the default icon is used instead. The icon can be disabled from the advanced options.
- The mouse cursor changes correctly to hand when it is over a clikable link.
- The skin.xml file is tried to read from the first subfolder inside the zip archive.
- Google events which are marked as non-modifiable are set as read-only in Rainlendar.
- The network calendars are not read immediately anymore if the poll duration has passed while the computer was suspended.
- The due time was not stored properly to Remember The Milk's task list.
- The next alarm for tasks which recurred last week day of the month was calculated incorrectly.
- Changing the due date or time will reset the completed time for the task.
- The tooltips are not shown anymore for items which are set hidden.
- Added an option to select the settings file from backups if the startup has failed.
- Added advanced option to remove the due time from the alarm window. This will also disable the alarm window from updating.
- Added support for sub tasks. The tasks can be moved under other task when the list has custom sort order.
- The position of the task in custom ordering is now written to the task itself.