Our Download of the Day today is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.51.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can detect and remove malware that even the most well known anti-virus and anti-malware applications fail to detect. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors every process and stops malicious processes before they even start.
• Light speed quick scanning.
• Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
• Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Protection Module. (requires registration)
• Database updates released daily.
• Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
• Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
• Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware performance.
• A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
• Multi-lingual support.
• Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
• Command line support for quick scanning.
• Context menu integration to scan files on demand.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.51
# Overall Improvements:
* Scheduling has been simplified, including relocation of scheduler.
* Website Blocking is now disabled when protection is turned off.
* Logs are sorted by date automatically.
* Updating is now much more efficient.
* All HKCU settings can now be set in HKLM to override user settings.
* Protection module now more efficient in terms of I/O read bytes.
# New Features:
* 14-day trial of the PRO version is now available. This is optional to all users.
* Scheduler now has an edit button.
* User is now notified of program updates awaiting installation.
# Issues Fixed:
* Fixed ignore list not working for default registry data, i.e. for Broken.OpenCommand.
* Add to ignore list menu item is now left enabled if show tooltip balloon is unchecked.
* User is now able to update from the system tray even if the scanner is open.
* Fixed full scan drive list updating issue.
* Fixed issue with protection module not honoring ignore list after an item is restored from the quarantined.
* Date format on update tab is now the same as the system tray.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.