Our Download of the Day today is FrostWire 4.21.4.
FrostWire, a Gnutella Peer-to-Peer client, is a collaborative effort from many Open Source and freelance developers located from all around the world.
Using the most recent version of FrostWire allows users to enjoy the best program functionality. Bugs reported in older versions have been fixed for the latest version. Any users with FrostWire 2.5 or earlier MUST update.
Frostwire's features include:
Completely Free & Open Source!
Faster Download Speeds
No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
Faster Torrent Speeds
Friendly Online Chat Rooms
Even More Connections
New & Improved Skins
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 4.21.4
* New setting to turn off automatic installer downloads.
* New setting to limit the speed of BitTorrent downloads.
* New Galician flag added.
* UX improvements when creating new folders on the Phones and Tablets UI.
* Fixes bug when dropping files on an Android device that hasn't been selected.
* UX change. FrostWire will now seed torrents that have not been removed from it's download manager. Completed torrents now will appear as "Completed/Seeding"
* UX change. Default save location folder in Windows Vista and Windows7 is now the user's default "~Downloads/FrostWire" folder.
* UX improvements when showing FrostClick overlays. No more flickering. Overlays are now shown in an animated slideshow. More than 2 artists can now be promoted.
* Fixes bug when copying .apk files from Android device to desktop computer.
* Fixes bug when saving torrents to it's default Save location if that folder has been deleted.
* Fixes bug on which removed Torrent downloads would reappear.
* Updated Mojito DHT integration. Mojito DHT is now active.
* Upgraded anti-spam mechanisms.
* Removed all remnant code related to LimeWire Store.
* Cleanup to use a single logging library.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.