Our Download of the Day today is GPU-Z v0.5.1.
TechPowerUp introduced version 0.5.1 of GPU-Z, our lightweight graphics sub-system information and monitoring utility. GPU-Z provides you with technical details of your installed graphics processors, and lets you monitor clock speeds, voltages, temperatures and fan speeds. This month's release adds support for new GPUs, improves stability, and corrects some minor bugs. To begin with, detection for the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics processor is added, alongside GeForce GTX 480M, and GeForce GTX 485M. Detection was improved for GeForce GTX 460M, GT 445M, and GT 435M. Early support for AMD's Fusion Llano, Ontario, and Zacate-embedded APUs were also added.
With the latest driver, NVIDIA had blocked our power-throttling disable parameter. We found our way around it, and using a new method, fixed the "/GTX500OCP" parameter using which you can override NVIDIA's power throttling feature. Support for new voltage controllers used by the latest batches of Radeon HD 6800/HD 6900 series graphics cards were also added. A number of stability improvements were made, and bugs fixed. The updates notifier is less pesky, it checks for timely updates in the background when GPU-Z is launched (according to update check frequency defined by user), and appears to users only if it finds that new updates are available.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version v0.5.1
• Added support for NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti, 480M, 485M
• Added transistors and die size for 460M, 445M, 435M
• Added release date for 6800 GT, 6600 GT, 6600, 6200, 8800 GTX, 8800 GTS, 8800 Ultra, 8600 GTS, 8500 GT, 8800 GS, 9600 GSO, 8800 GT, GTS 250, GT 440
• Added preliminary support for AMD Zacate and Ontario APUs
• Found a new way to disable NVIDIA's power limiter
• Added support for GTX 570 and GTX 560 to power limit disable function, the parameter is now called /GTX500OCP
• Fixed crash in sensors panel
• Acer PCI vendor now using a shorter text that fits the field width
• Added CHL8214 & CHL8226 support for AMD Barts and Cayman
• Improved the automatic update check to run completely in the background and only appear when an update is available (manual update check is unchanged)
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.