Our Download of the Day today is SmartFTP 4.0.1160.0.
SmartFTP is an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client which allows you to transfer files between your local computer and a server on the Internet. With its many basic and advanced features SmartFTP also offers secure, reliable and efficient transfers that make it a powerful tool.
SmartFTP can be used for:
• Web site publishing and maintenance
• Upload and download of images, documents, movie and music files
• Share your files with your friends and coworkers
• Backups of local or remote files
SmartFTP offers these features:
• Quickly rename multiple files.
• Search your hard drive in the Local Browser (Windows Vista and higher)
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 4.0.1160.0
* Fix: Text Editor: Cursor position with auto indent
* Fix: Multi Upload: Drop of Favorites to Multi Upload
* Browser: Performance and memory improvements for shell browser
* File Exist Dialogs: Added access keys (Alt+D and Alt+S)
* Windows XP: SP3 is required
* Scheduler: Added sort in view
* Other internal changes
* Text Editor: Added option to disable fly-by toolbar
* Scheduler: Queue Item Action: Added "Guarantee serialized execution" option.
* Fix: Favorites Properties: Use Default Settings option was available for the default favorite
* Fix: FTP: If compression was set to auto for uploads, compression was never used
* Fix: Custom commands: Restore defaults
* Fix: Favorites: Browsing to shared favorite folders (Settings: Favorites) did not work
* Fix: Browser: File Exist dialog did not display file/folders that contained & correctly
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.