Our Download of the Day today is Sandboxie 3.52.
Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 3.52
# Enhancements and Revisions:
- Improvements support for installations involving Windows Side-by-Side assemblies.
- Added support for a question mark character in Sandboxie settings that is considered a single-character wildcard.
- For third-party APIs: On 64-bit systems, the 32-bit DLL (SbieDllX) has been renamed to SbieDll.
- New translations: Greek, Portuguese (Portugal), and Arabic.
# Problems Fixed:
- Fixed a problem with Forced Folders on 64-bit Windows.
- Fixed a problem with the Sandboxie UAC confirmation window overlapping the Windows task bar.
- Fixed a conflict with the Immunize feature of Spybot-S&D which caused some slowdowns.
# Improved compatibility with:
- Adobe Reader X in Protected Mode
- Internal Flash player in recent versions of Google Chrome
- Web Browser: Comodo Dragon
- Proxies and Filters: NetNanny 6.5, ProxyCap, Super Socks5Cap
- Utilities: Active Captions, Actual Window Manager, Arum Switcher, Copernic Desktop Search, IntelliType Pro, ManyCam, RadeonPro
- Security Software: Microsoft EMET tool, Norton 360, Norton Safe Web Lite
- Virtual Machines: Running Sandboxie in a Windows system virtualized by Xen