Our Download of the Day today is AVG Free Edition 10.0.1188.
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is trusted antivirus and antispyware protection for Windows available to download for free. In addition, the new included LinkScanner® Active Surf-Shield checks web pages for threats at the only time that matters - when you're about to click that link.
AVG Anti-Virus Free has these following features:
Award-winning antivirus and antispyware
Real-time safe internet surfing and searching
Quality proven by 80 million of users
Easy to download, install and use
Protection against viruses and spyware
Compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is only available for single computer use for home and non commercial use.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 10.0.1188
# Fixes & Improvements
* AvgSys: Fixed issue with blocked scanning launch on file systems with limited capabilities.
* Core: Fixed issue with crash while scanning corrupted *.chm file.
* E-mail Scanner: Fixed IMAP parsing problem.
* E-mail Scanner: Readjusted timing of the 'start e-mail scanning' pop-up notification.
* E-mail Scanner: Fixed Earthlink SpamBlocker issue.
* E-mail Scanner: Fixed problem with adding date-time to editing field.
* E-mail Scanner: Fixed freenet.de mail download problems (added POP3 command).
* E-mail Scanner: Fixed problem with e-mail scanning on x64 platforms.
* Safe Search: Added support for Firefox v4.
* Safe Search: Fixed issue with Internet Explorer crash due to Safe Search.
* Safe Search: Fixed issue with excessive delay in form completion using roboform.
* Setup: AVG client setup is able to preset languages installed in previous version (AVG 9 or AVG 8.5).
* Setup: Fixed issue with installation on computers where Windows were not on C: drive.
* Setup: Fixed NDIS driver installation issue with damaged INF cache in Windows.
* Setup: Decreased disk space requirements for backup of setup files.
* Setup: AVG requires less disk space after installation.
* Setup: Failure of previous AVG version uninstallation is properly reported.
* Setup: Fixed problem with repeatedly required system restart during upgrade from an older AVG version to AVG 2011.
* Setup: In case of online installation fail an error report containing basic data about the issue is sent to AVG for further analysis.
* Toolbar: New version of toolbar implemented.
* Update: Fixed malfunction caused by turning off computer during program update.
* Update: Fixed issue with update fail caused by processing of flags received from update server.