Our Download of the Day today is AVG Free Edition 10.0.1188.
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is trusted antivirus and antispyware protection for Windows available to download for free. In addition, the new included LinkScanner® Active Surf-Shield checks web pages for threats at the only time that matters - when you're about to click that link.
AVG Anti-Virus Free has these following features:
• Award-winning antivirus and antispyware
• Real-time safe internet surfing and searching
• Quality proven by 80 million of users
• Easy to download, install and use
• Protection against viruses and spyware
• Compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition is only available for single computer use for home and non commercial use.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 10.0.1188
# Fixes & Improvements
* AvgSys: Fixed issue with blocked scanning launch on file systems with limited capabilities.
* Core: Fixed issue with crash while scanning corrupted *.chm file.
* E-mail Scanner: Fixed IMAP parsing problem.
* E-mail Scanner: Readjusted timing of the 'start e-mail scanning' pop-up notification.
* E-mail Scanner: Fixed Earthlink SpamBlocker issue.
* E-mail Scanner: Fixed problem with adding date-time to editing field.
* E-mail Scanner: Fixed freenet.de mail download problems (added POP3 command).
* E-mail Scanner: Fixed problem with e-mail scanning on x64 platforms.
* Safe Search: Added support for Firefox v4.
* Safe Search: Fixed issue with Internet Explorer crash due to Safe Search.
* Safe Search: Fixed issue with excessive delay in form completion using roboform.
* Setup: AVG client setup is able to preset languages installed in previous version (AVG 9 or AVG 8.5).
* Setup: Fixed issue with installation on computers where Windows were not on C: drive.
* Setup: Fixed NDIS driver installation issue with damaged INF cache in Windows.
* Setup: Decreased disk space requirements for backup of setup files.
* Setup: AVG requires less disk space after installation.
* Setup: Failure of previous AVG version uninstallation is properly reported.
* Setup: Fixed problem with repeatedly required system restart during upgrade from an older AVG version to AVG 2011.
* Setup: In case of online installation fail an error report containing basic data about the issue is sent to AVG for further analysis.
* Toolbar: New version of toolbar implemented.
* Update: Fixed malfunction caused by turning off computer during program update.
* Update: Fixed issue with update fail caused by processing of flags received from update server.