Our Download of the Day today is WinZip 15.0.9302.
WinZip is the most trusted way to work with compressed files. No other compression utility is as easy-to-use or offers the comprehensive and productivity-enhancing approach that has made WinZip the gold standard for file-compression tools.
You can quickly and securely zip and unzip files to conserve storage space, speed up e-mail transmission, and reduce download times. State-of-the-art file compression, strong AES encryption, compatibility with more compression formats, and new intuitive photo compression, make WinZip the complete compression and archiving solution.
Building on the favorite features of a worldwide base of several million users, WinZip adds new features for image compression and management, support for new compression methods, improved compression performance, support for additional archive formats, and more. Users can work faster, smarter, and safer.
This is a 45-day trial version.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 15.0.9302
# Performance Architecture
- To expand on WinZip's state-of-the art technology, WinZip 15 incorporates a new architecture designed to enable significant advancements in zipping performance. Enhancements will plug into this framework, dramatically increasing the speed of compression and encryption operations and considerably reducing the time it takes to zip large files and/or large groups of files.
- Performance architecture for high-speed zipping, comprising a plug-in framework for major enhancements in file compression and encryption.
# Usability Breakthrough
- Refined menu designs and more intuitive icons improve upon the WinZip interface, making it easier to use and delivering an even better user experience.
- WinZip Desktop Gadget Zip/Unzip tab provides instant files compression/decompression. Simply drag a file or group of files onto the gadget to instantly create a compressed version on your desktop (or in the source folder). Likewise, just drag a compressed file onto the gadget to instantly unzip its contents onto your desktop or into the source folder.
- WinZip Desktop Gadget Zip & Email tab provides an express portal to WinZip 15's unique Zip & Email Plus capabilities. Just drag a file or group of files onto the gadget to instantly zip and email them using the options and email account you designate.
# Enhanced File Sharing
- Zip and Email feature lets you create a Zip file and attach it to an email message in one simple process. Once you choose the files to zip and select your zipping options, WinZip opens a message window and attaches your new zip file to it. Simply type a note, address your message, and click Send
- Image resizer built into the Zip & Email Plus feature. With just a click, WinZip will resize your high-resolution pictures before attaching them to your email message, so that they send even faster and are optimized to fit standard computer screens.
- Built-in webmail support now included in all WinZip email functionality to provide maximum utility and flexibility. In addition to support for Microsoft Outlook, WinZip 15 comes preset to work with the following popular webmail services: Yahoo! Mail, Gmail by Google, and Microsoft Live Hotmail. Now you can zip, encrypt, and email files from your webmail address, all without having to open a web browser or sign in to your webmail account.
- Additional email support for other webmail services, enterprise mail systems, and individual ISP addresses. Using a different email service? No problem! WinZip 15 provides configuration options that give you the flexibility to email zipped files directly from the WinZip window using virtually any email address, all without opening any additional applications.
- Enhanced backup email support in WinZip Pro's Backup* function now allows backup files and log files to be sent automatically upon backup job completion from virtually any email or webmail address you indicate.