Just imagine, being at E3, seeing all the fancy new products coming out in the gaming world over the next year or two. I think Mr Tweak should organise some tickets for next year. *wink wink*. But for now, I'll just stick with posting a few links around the place:
- The folks over at SystemCooling are having a huge giveaway, with heaps of prizes to give away. All you have to do is go to their site on the link above and register! Simple as that. For a bonus chance, tell them TT sent ya. Note: That won't actually improve your chances at winning.. but it would be fun, wouldn't it?
- Mark at Livepc.tv has posted an article which makes the comparison of gaming on a Windows machine vs. a Linux machine (and the effects that gamers have on the market of hardware and software.) Included are a Quake III Arena for linux howto (first on the net), Quake III Arena benchmarks on both a Linux and Windows machine, and lots of other stuff! Here's a snippet:
With increasing support from hardware manufactures, and increasing
corporate contributions to the Open-Source community, it is simple to see why Linux poses as a serious threat to those banking on Windows as being the only wide-spread PC operating system of the future.
A very interesting way to look at it I guess...
- I just opened this email now, and instead of writing something about it, I'll just post it the way it is:
Viper Lair will be giving away some free shwag for the month of June. Here's what you stand to win...
1st Prize - A Visiontek GeForce 4 Ti4600 + A Visiontek T-Shirt
2nd Prize - An ATi Radeon 8500DV All-in-Wonder 64MB
3rd Prize - An Asus A7V266E KT266A Motherboard
To enter, all you have to do is sign up for our newsletter. How do you do that? Details are here...
The contest will run until Midnight, EST, June 30th, 2002. Your chances of winning is dependent on the number of participants. Shipping in North America will be on us. Outside North america, it will be on you. You will be sent an email, and will have 5 days to respond, or your prize goes to someone else.
I think I'd pay for shipping if I won something like that.
- Asus A7V333 review @ Overclockers New Zealand
- MSI K7D Master review @ HotHardware
- Asus P4T533-C review @ HardwareZone
- Samsung Syncmaster 191T 19" TFT LCD review @ Tweaknews.net
- Shuttle SS40G AMD system review @ AMD World
- IWILL P4R533-N review @ VR-Zone
- Visiontek Geforce4 Ti4600 review @ Common Grounds - PC
- Altec Lansing ADA890 speaker review @ BlargOC
- MSI 850 Pro5 review @ PCstats
- Lian Li PC-86 case review @ Tweaknews.net
- Lian Li PC-63A case video review @ 3dGameMan
- Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra review @ Explosive Hardware
- DFI NB70-SC review @ Tech-Report
- Abit AT7 MAX review @ Legion Hardware