Our Download of the Day today is Rainlendar 2.8 Beta 94.
Rainlendar is a customizable calendar that displays the current month. It is a very lightweight application that doesn't use much system resources or take much space on your desktop.
Small and lightweight
Different type events can have different appearence
Supports Windows transparency
Synchronizes events between several clients
Localized for multiple languages
Shows an alarm when an event is due
Supports iCal files.
Shows Outlook's appointments
Includes a todo-list
Works also as Litestep plugin
Displays the current date in tray icon
Can stick to the desktop (i.e. doesn't hide with Show Desktop)
Hotkeys for quick access
Easy skinning with an UI
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 2.8 Beta 94
- Deleting one instance from a recurring event in the month view didn't work. Fixed.
- Split the "Visible calendars" filter to "Included calendars" and "Excluded calendars"
- Task in a schedule view was opened with the event editor. Fixed.
- Added auto-completion to the category text edit.
- The category list is now sorted on Linux and Mac too.
- Retrying without proxy is done now also if the proxy can be connected but if fails to return any data.
- The date format strings are now filtered for illegal characters to prevent crashing.
- Added topmargin and bottommargin for the schedule items which can be used to add extra space to the event area.
- You can now define the height and duration of one time item in the day and week views.
- Outlook's all day event's day is chosen from noon instead from midnight to allow some time zone adjustment.
- If a window defines included calendars they are selected automatically when creating a new event or task.