Our Download of the Day today is SpeedFan 4.41.
SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info and show hard disk temperatures.
SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature).
SpeedFan can access digital temperature sensors and can change fan speeds accordingly, thus reducing noise.
SpeedFan can find almost any hardware monitor chip connected to the 2-wire SMBus (System Management Bus (trademark belonging to SMIF, Inc.), a subset of the I2C protocol) and works fine with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP and Windows Vista. It works with Windows 64 bit too.
SpeedFan can handle:
• almost any number of South Bridges
• almost any number of hardware monitor chips
• almost any number of hard disks
• almost any number of temperature readings
• almost any number of voltage readings
• almost any number of fan speed readings
• almost any number of PWMs
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 4.41
- added full support for Intel 5 Series/3400 Series SMBus
- added full support for Intel QST 2.x
- added full support for fan control for Intel QST
- added full support for Fintek F71889F
- added full support for Fintek F71889ED
- added full support for SB8x0 SMBus
- added full support for Nuvoton W83677HG-I
- added full support for Nuvoton W83667HG-B
- added SB7xx/8xx PM2 fan speed readings and fan control
- added full support for MCP98242
- added full support for CAT34TS02
- added support for ITE IT8721F
- added support for USB hard disk enclosures with Cypress chipset
- added W83791D advanced settings for PWM MODEs
- improved ADT7490 PWM MODE advanced settings
- added ADVANCED options for Fintek F75387 PWM MODEs
- fixed Fintek F75387F PWM setting
- enabled SMBus on Intel ICH9-M, if needed
- added detection of LIS331DL
- added Intel QST 2.x advanced option to revert back to AUTO fan control
- upon resume from suspend only those fans that are automatically variated are initially set to 100%
- identified more CPUs
- Intel Atom Series 300 Tjmax set to 90C
- HECI support works only on Windows 2000 and later
- AMCC/3ware support works only on Windows 2000 and later
- added more names for SMART attributes
- added a new option to CONFIGURE / OPTIONS to disable SMART Summary Error Log on program start (this can dramatically improve SpeedFan startup time)
- the UI is now updated whenever new SMART data is read from the selected hard disk
- now, in CONFIGURE / EVENTS, when you press UPDATE to change some event, the editing fields are automatically cleared and the OK button is automatically enabled
- restored access to SMART attributes on AdvSmart, Areca and AMCC/3ware connected drives in Event configuration window
- events can now react to FITNESS and PERFORMANCE values of SMART hard disks
- added NOADVSMARTSCAN command line switch
- the first line of the email sent by an EVENT now has been changed to include the Machine Name
Further Reading: Read and find more Cases, Cooling & PSU news at our Cases, Cooling & PSU news index page.