Our Download of the Day today is Beyond Compare 3.2.0 Beta.
Beyond Compare 3 is the ideal tool for comparing files and folders on your Windows system. Visualize changes in your code and carefully reconcile them.
• Compare Files, Folders
Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
• Specialized Viewers
Beyond Compare includes built-in comparison viewers for a variety of data types. Compare .csv data or HTML tables in a Data Compare session, or images in a Picture Compare session.
• 3-way Merge
Beyond Compare's new merge view allows you to combine changes from two versions of a file into a single output. Its intelligent approach allows you to quickly accept most changes while carefully examining conflicts.
• Synchronize Folders
Beyond Compare's intuitive Folder Sync interface lets you reconcile differences in your data automatically.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 3.2.0 Beta
* Notable Changes
- Added Text Edit view which includes "Find in Files" command.
- File Compare Report can now mix reports from different views (text/hex/data/picture/etc).
- Added "Text content" to Folder Compare's "Other Filters".
- Added support for bzip2 and bzipped tar archives.
- Added read/write support for Debian packages (Linux only).
- Added read-only support for Total Commander packer (wcx) plugins.
- Added layout, rotate, and flip commands to Picture Compare, along with various other enhancements.
- Added "Exclude protected operating system files" option that excludes system and hidden files, folders, and junction points (Windows only). Enabled by default.
- Added support for SSH2 authentication using OpenSSH's ssh-agent and PuTTY's pageant.
- Added "Follow Symbolic Links" folder compare option which controls whether symbolic links are shown as files or the link target (Linux only).
- Added "Ignore Same Changes" Text Merge command.
- Added "View->Detached Output Pane" Text Merge command to show output pane in separate window.