NVIDIA has just given its latest GeForce 257.21 Driver Suite the WHQL treatment which makes it the first certified graphics driver in their 256 series. The build includes PhysX v9.10.0223 and it supports the GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300 and 400 series cards as well as the ION family.
There's a significant amount of changes and improvements with this one; a large amount dedicated to game-specific performance enhancements and more. Check out the full list below :-
Adds support for Blu-ray 3D with NVIDIA 3D Vision technology. Learn more about the hardware and software requirements here .
Increases performance for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs in several PC games. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured with GeForce GTX 480. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- Up to 14% in Aliens vs. Predator (1920x1200 noAA/AF - Tessellation on)
- Up to 4% in Batman: Arkham Asylum (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF PhysX=High)
- Up to 5% in BattleForge (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF - Very High settings)
- Up to 5% in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 4% in Crysis: Warhead (1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF - Enthusiast setting)
- Up to 24% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (1920x1200 n- AA/AF)
- Up to 9% in Far Cry 2 (2560x1600 8xAA/16xAF)
- Up to 25% in Just Cause 2 (2560x1600 n- AA/AF - Concrete Jungle)
- Up to 7% in Metr- 2033 (1920x1200 n- AA/16xAF - Tessellation on)
- Up to 40% in Metr- 2033 with SLI ((1920x1200 4xAA/16xAF - Tessellation on)
- Up to 8% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (1920x1200 n- AA/AF - Day)
- Up to 110% in Stone Giant with SLI (2650x1600 - Tessellation on, DoF on)
- Up to 6% in The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena (2560x1600 n- AA/AF)
- Up to 9% in Unigine: Tropics (2560x1600 n- AA/AF - OpenGL)
- Up to 5% in 3DMark Vantage (Performance and Extreme Presets)
- Up to 19% with Transparency AA (1920x1200 4xTrSS - measured in Crysis)
Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0223.
Adds support for OpenGL 4.0 for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs.
Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.1 which includes significant performance increases for double precision math operations. See CUDA Zone for more details.
Adds support for new extreme Antialiasing modes for 3-way SLI PCs, including up to SLI48x AA for GeForce 200 series GPUs and up to SLI96x AA for GeForce GTX 400 series GPUs.
Adds support for a new 'Quality' mode for NVIDIA's Ambient Occlusion control panel feature.
Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel setup page for SLI and PhysX for ultimate control over multi-gpu configurations.
Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel feature for ultimate control over CUDA GPUs, allowing the user to effectively choose which GPU will power each CUDA application.
3D Vision customers can download the v257.21 3D Vision drivers here.
Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
You can download then ew driver for both 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows XP, Vista and 7 at NVIDIA's download page here.
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards news at our Video Cards news index page.