Our Download of the Day today is PDFCreator 1.0.0.
PDFCreator is a free tool to create PDF files from nearly any Windows application.
• Create PDFs from any program that is able to print
• Security: Encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened, printed etc.
• Send generated files via eMail
• Create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, EPS
• AutoSave files to folders and filenames based on Tags like Username, Computername, Date, Time etc.
• Merge multiple files into one PDF
• Easy Install: Just say what you want and everything is installed
• Terminal Server: PDFCreator also runs on Terminal Servers without problems
And the best: PDFCreator is free, even for commercial use! It is Open Source and released under the Terms of the GNU General Public License.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.0.0
* Improvements: Uses GPL-Ghostscript 8.71 now.
* Added the feature to set the colorgrey compression factor manually to get the best realtion between file size and quality of pdf files
* Improved print after saving (color printing, set maximum resolution)
* Improved the signing feature (set signature on page is freely definable)
* PDFCreator can handle signing and encrypting in one step
* Improved the setup: 64bit printer driver installable on a 32bit system
* Added a better dialog for the certificate password
* Added the font dialog to the options dialog again
* Improved the PDFCreator class (check for an existing printer in cPrintPrinterTestpage, check for an existing file in cPrintfile)
* Bug Fixes: Fixed a crashing options dialog
* Fixed the "481 - invalid picture" bug
* Fixed a bug reading the options on Win9xMe systems
* Fixed a bug if the user uses Thai calendar format
* Fixed a bug using different Ghostscript versions
* Fixed some minor bugs.