Our Download of the Day today is Total Commander 7.55 RC1.
Total Commander is a file manager for Windows similar to well-known DOS file manager.
Total Commander can handle archives as if they were subdirectories. It also has an internal ZIP-compatible packer. The search function allows you to search for files inside archives, even for text.
Two file windows side by side
Multiple language support
Enhanced search function
Compare files (now with editor) / synchronize directories
Quick View panel with bitmap display
ZIP, ARJ, LZH, RAR, UC2, TAR, GZ, CAB, ACE archive handling + plugins
Built-in FTP client with FXP (server to server) and HTTP proxy support
Parallel port link, multi-rename tool
Tabbed interface, regular expressions, history+favorites buttons
Thumbnails view, custom columns, enhanced search
Compare editor, cursor in lister, separate trees, logging, enhanced overwrite dialog, and more
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 7.55 RC1
* Fixed: Port connection to other PC (LPT or USB): Server could crash when there were too many files with extra-long names in the visited directory
* Added: Correctly install and uninstall 64-bit cglptnt.sys (to be added later)
* Fixed: Synchronize dirs with FTP: Show error if "change directory" to given path on server fails
* Added: Use optimized MD5, SHA1 and SHA256 functions from DCPcrypt Cryptographic Component Library v2, Copyright (c) 1999-2003 David Barton (MIT license)
* Added: Check SHA256 checksum files (creation isn't currently supported)
* Fixed: cglptnt.sys was not working when there are gaps between LPT ports, e.g. LPT1+LPT3 or just LPT3
* Fixed: Parallel port connection had stopped working between beta 7 and 8
* Fixed: More crashes when viewing files with F3 from archives and closing the viewer