Our Download of the Day today is IsoBuster 2.8 Beta.
IsoBuster is an award winning , highly specialized and easy to use CD, DVD and blu-ray (BD, HD DVD) data recovery tool.
It supports all CD / DVD / BD / HD DVD formats and all common file-systems ... Rescue lost files from a bad or trashed CD or DVD disc, save important documents, precious pictures, video from the family, your only system backup, ... IsoBuster can do it all.
No accumulated cost if you need more than one type media supported. IsoBuster is a highly specialized yet easy to use optical media data recovery tool. It supports all optical disc formats and all common optical disc file-systems. Start up IsoBuster, Insert a disc, select the drive (if not selected already) and let IsoBuster mount the media. IsoBuster immediately shows you all the tracks and sessions located on the media, combined with all file-systems that are present.
This way you get easy access, just like Windows Explorer, to all the files and folders per file-system. Instead of being limited to one file-system that the OS picks for you, you have access to "the complete picture". Access data from older sessions, access data that your OS (e.g. Windows) does not see or hides from you etc.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 2.8 Beta
* Plugin support for IsoBuster: Opening image files
* Plugin support for IsoBuster: Creating image files
* Installing and/or loading plugins via the GUI and command line parameters
* Support for multi-file CUE sheets & PREGAP directive
* Wave file support when loading multi-file CUE sheets
* Support for *.RMG Image files
* Escape sequence in HFS support to deal with HFS bug so that certain HFS file-systems can still be found
* Add file-extensions only when no file extension is present yet for files in the HFS(+) file system
* Updated the HFS extensions database
* Workarounds for buggy ISO9660 file systems created by professional DVD mastering software (affecting commercial DVDs)
* Improved IFO/VOB file system finding in case of badly mastered Video DVDs
* Show layer break address
* Various other GUI improvements
* Fix so that CD-Text is shown again when present in a CDT file (associated to a CUE file)
* Fix so that the associated CDT file is also MD5'ed when the entire image file is MD5'ed
* HFS(+) Fix to find additional file extents (>8) that are referenced from the Overflow file.
* Fixed possibly incorrectly reported size of VIDEO_TS.VOB in the IFO/VOB file system