Our Download of the Day today is SmartFTP 4.0.1102.0.
SmartFTP is an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client which allows you to transfer files between your local computer and a server on the Internet. With its many basic and advanced features SmartFTP also offers secure, reliable and efficient transfers that make it a powerful tool.
SmartFTP can be used for:
Web site publishing and maintenance
Upload and download of images, documents, movie and music files
Share your files with your friends and coworkers
Backups of local or remote files
SmartFTP offers these features:
Quickly rename multiple files.
Search your hard drive in the Local Browser (Windows Vista and higher)
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 4.0.1102.0
* FTP: Support for virtual FTP hosts: FEAT command can now be sent before login to support HOST command.
* Transfer Queue: New children are now always added right after the the last existing child.
* Terminal: New custom defined commands.
* FTP/SFTP: New buffered file write.
* Browser: Tree control can now reuse enumerated objects in shellview
* Fix: Terminal: Crash after the terminal has been resized with certain terminal emulations
* Fix: Remote Browser: Reconnect button was not always enabled
* Fix: Local Browser: Windows XP: Drag&Drop from shellview to tree control.
* Fix: Local Browser: Open command now opens a new Local Browser.
* Fix: Refactor: Asynchronous events can no longer cause memory leaks.
* Fix: Browser: Travel log
* Compiled with Visual Studio 2010 RTM.
* Favorites: Added "Overwrite Files & Merge Folders" to file exist action.
* Editor: Added expand/collapse all folding to View->Folding menu.
* Custom Commands: Rewrite of back- and frontend
* FTP/FTPS: Added additional buffer for receive.
* Regression: TLS: If client certificate cannot be found, no client certificate will be used.
* Fix: SSH: Socket disconnect was not correctly handled.
* Internal Refactoring: Replaced CAutoPtr, CAutoVectorPtr with std::unique_ptr, boost::scoped_ptr, boost::scoped_array
* Terminal: Window title now uses the remote window title submitted by the terminal.
* Browser: Windows XP: Workaround for Windows XP bug (API returns wrong file size) that manifested itself in the Visual Compare feature.
* Fix: Transfer Queue: Remove finished items was no longer working.
* Fix: SSH: Timeout did never happen.
* Toolbars can no longer be moved to the bottom.
* Closing a tab doesn't require the tab to be focused first
* Fix: Terminal: Text was inserted at the beginning of the row instead at a new line
* Fix: Transfer Queue: Error when selecting a script in the transfer queue item properties dialog
* Fix: Transfer Queue: Dependencies were not created under some circumstances
* FTP: Completely rewrote SSL layer
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.