Following the earlier preview release, AMD has just made available its latest Catalyst 10.4 driver suite in final WHQL form today which brings several game specific performance improvements with it, additional video-decoding features (inclusion of H.264 Level 5.1 support and a fix that reduces the "mosquito noise" seen in highly-compressed video) and video-transcoding improvements.
Here's a list of the highlights :-
• Desktop mouse cursor will no longer intermittently appear enlarged
• Pressing the "Page Down" button while configuring the last display in Eyefinity group will now properly switch to the next display instead of closing the bezel user interface
• Shortcut keys to configure the bezel now functions properly
• "Battlefield 2: Bad Company" maps no longer takes unusually long to load for ATI Radeon™ HD 5000 Series
• Performance on 2D applications and benchmarks has now been fixed
• Flashing no longer visible in "Shattered Horizon" game with CrossFire™ enabled
• Changing in-game resolution in "Alien vs. Predator" no longer causes screen flickering under multi-GPU configuration
• Tint setting under Catalyst Control Center - Basic Color now displays smooth transition when adjusted for Blu-ray playback
• In-game anti-alias now functions properly when other in-game options like Volumetric Effects are enabled in "Empire: Total War" and "Napoleon: Total War"games
• Flickering corruption and flashing textures are no longer visible in "Battlefield 2: Bad Company"
Further details about the changes and additions can be read within the full release notes here.
Head over to the Game.AMD website to grab the driver set for both 32 and 64-bit versions of XP, Vista and Windows 7.