VIA is excited to have announced today its new Nano E-series processors targeted for use in embedded applications.
Features wise, the most noteable additions to this new family of Nano chips includes native 64-bit support and virtualization technologies. Full highlights include :-
• World's most power-efficient out-of-order x86 architecture
• Full support for 64-bit operating systems
• High-performance superscalar processing
• Most efficient speculative floating point algorithm
• Full CPU virtualization support
• Advanced power and thermal management
• Leading-edge hardware security features
• Pin-to-pin compatibility with VIA Nano, VIA C7 and VIA Eden Processors
• DDR2 and DDR3 memory support
The Nano E series processors are fully compatible with VIA's VIA VX800 and VIA VX855 chipsets as well as the forthcoming VIA VX900 and VIA VN1000 digital media chipsets that provide hardware acceleration for demanding HD video codecs.
The new family of Nano E series processors are available in speeds from 800MHz through 1.8GHz. Full details can be found in the press release here.
Further Reading: Read and find more CPU, APU & Chipsets news at our CPU, APU & Chipsets news index page.