My mailbox has a lot in it with plenty of news so I'll clear it now so I don't have a mammoth task a little later so here we go.
As you heard earlier, AMD has released their AthlonXP 2100+ CPU and the reviews are flowing in so here's a list of them so far.
This will be the last speed stepping of the "Palomino" core though as the "Thoroughbred" core is to start shipping to OEM's at the end of the month and will be available sometime after.
Full details on this stepping are still pretty cloudy though.
The guys at t-break have an exclusive on DFI's new AD76 Series motherboards and here's a quote,
"DFI is proud to announce the launch of the AD76 Series, the AD76-RAID and the AD76. DFI is the first Motherboard Company to announce the launch of a motherboard supporting the newest KT333CE Chipset. The AD76-RAID and AD76 motherboards from DFI will use ONLY the KT333CE chipset. The KT333CE chipset is the newest chipset from VIA, ensuring great performance and stability for the AMD CPU platform. The AD76 Series motherboards bring support of DDR333 (PC2700) and DDR266 (PC2100) memory over 4 DIMMs. DFI has fully tested the KT333CE Line of motherboards, the AD76-RAID and the AD76 to ensure complete compatibility with the latest and future CPU's from AMD.
Just head over here for more details.
Following on from yesterday's announcement of Scott Wainner's, ResellerRatings is now back up and running.
- A New Era in Bus Technology: AGP8X and 3GIO @ Gaming in 3D
- Iwill XP333 Vcore And IO Mod @ Mods4ME
- IBM Unleashes 8-way Foster Xeon Servers @ The Register
- Compuware Launches Antitrust Suit Against IBM @ The Register
- Evergreen FireLine 20GB Pocket Hot Drive @ GideonTech
- Sony VAIO PCG-C1MT Notebook @ HardwareZone
- Xoxide Z-60 ClearStorm Case @ TekSector
- Polk AMR130 5.1 Speaker System @ Neoseeker
- Magix DJ Remixing Kit @ Futurelooks
- Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical @ The Tech Zone
- KDS 17.0" (X-Flat) Xtreme Flat Monitor @ TweakNews
- ATi All-In-Wonder Radeon 7500 @ Hardware Pub
- U-tron LAN Gear ES @ FiringSquad
That's it for the moment but I may have a bit more for
you all a little later in the day so for now it's bedtime.