Got a DirectX 11 capable video card and love showing it off? You've probably already run the likes of Unigine's Heaven on it and others, but you might like to know there's a new one out from Fatshark in collaboration with BitSquid which is called Stone Giant.
It has primarily been developed for the purposes of testing out the BitSquid tools and technology in a real-world environment. The demo showcases how DX11 hardware tessellation can be used to achieve a high level of geometry detail in close-up shots.
Here's some of the Stone Giant benchmark highlights :-
• Highly parallel, data oriented design.
• Support for all new DX11 GPUs, including the Nvidia GeForce GTX 400 Series and AMD Radeon 5000 series.
• Compute Shader 5 based depth of field effects.
• Dynamic level of detail through displacement map tessellation.
• Stereoscopic 3D support for Nvidia 3D Vision.
It's also possible to run it using a DX10-only card, though of course this will automatically disable tessellation.
You can head over to the source to download the 400MB demo now.