Our Download of the Day today is Defraggler 1.18.185.
Most defrag tools only allow you to defrag an entire drive. Defraggler lets you specify one or more files, folders, or the whole drive to defragment.
When Defraggler reads or writes a file, it uses the exact same techniques that Windows uses. Using Defraggler is just as safe for your files as using Windows.
At a glance, you can see how fragmented your hard drive is. Defraggler's drive map shows you blocks that are empty, not fragmented, or needing defragmentation.
Give your hard drive a quick touch-up with Quick Defrag
Organizes empty disk space to further prevent fragmentation
Defragment while you sleep - and wake up with a faster PC. Set Defraggler to run daily, weekly or monthly
Full Windows OS and Multi-lingual support
Supports 37 major languages
Defraggler is made by Piriform, the company that also brought you CCleaner and Recuva, so is completely free!
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.18.185
- Optimized and bug fixed defrag with large numbers of small files.
- Optimized 64-bit memory usage.
- Drive map is no longer blocked by background operations.
- Simplified the drive map highlighting to make it faster and more memory efficient.
- Fixed control sizes on file search form.
- Fixed issue with exclude files dialog.
- Fixed a few missing translations.
- Fixed bug displaying filenames containing ampersands.
- Improved memory leak detection mechanism.
- Lots of minor bug fixes.