Our Download of the Day today is Foobar2000 1.0.1.
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
• Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
• Gapless playback.
• Full unicode support.
• Easily customizable user interface layout.
• Advanced tagging capabilities.
• Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
• Full ReplayGain support.
• Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
• Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.0.1
- Undecodable tracks now get substituted with 1s of silence to prevent deadlocks with dodgy third-party components.
- Worked-around bug in Windows 7 with status bar repaint glitches.
- Windows Media streaming compatibility improvements.
- Fixed notification area icon being incorrectly shown in certain conditions.
- Audio format support updates: added support for decoding Wave64 and RF64 formats, added built-in support for writing Wave64 format.
- Added folder name wildcard matching for album art search.
- Added a workaround for horribly broken Asus Xonar drivers.
- Converter: worked-around misbehaviors of command-line encoders when the output file name begins with - or @.
- Converter: refreshed MP3 encoding configuration dialog.