Our Download of the Day today is Recuva 1.36.479.
Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted from your iPod, or by bugs, crashes and viruses!
• Simple to use interface - just click 'Scan' and choose the files you want to recover
• Easy to use filter for results based on file name/type
• Simple Windows like interface with List and Tree view
• Can be run from a USB thumb drive
• Restores all types of files, office documents, images, video, music, email, anything.
• Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5 , NTFS + EFS file systems
• Restores files from removable media (SmartMedia, Secure Digital, MemoryStick, Digital cameras, Floppy disks, Jaz Disks, Sony Memory Sticks, Compact Flash cards, Smart Media Cards, Secure Digital Cards, etc.)
• Restores files from external ZIP drives , Firewire and USB Hard drives
• It's fast, tiny and takes seconds to run!
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.36.479
- Improved reliability of FAT32 disk scanning.
- Improved 64-bit EXE memory usage.
- Improved screen resize to avoid hiding controls.
- Improved use of mnemonics in Wizard screen.
- Better support for accessibility users.
- Minor tweaks and fixes.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.