Regular users of Skype will be glad to know they've just made available their latest 4.2 build in final form; 220.127.116.11 to be exact. This is a significant update with not only a stack of annoying bugs being ironed out, but also bringing some new additions and changes to the service including the following :-
- Video calling - support for 720p video calling with new encoding web-cameras, which will be on market soon.
- Skype Access - enables you to pay by the minute for WiFi access using your Skype Credit
- Call Quality Indicator - a tool letting you know what could be causing trouble in your calls
- Client alerts - all the messages from Skype and authorization request are in one single place now, straight in Skype.
- Improved contact importers - even more possibilities to import contacts into Skype
- Call Transfer - now you can transfer your incoming or ongoing calls to someone else easily
- Windows 7 support - support for new Windows 7 features such as jump list.
- Improved video quality in low bandwidth conditions
- Improved the localization of Arabic and Brazilian Portuguese
The update is available now and can be plucked directly from Skype's website.