Well yes it's another wet day in Sydney and it's Tuesday here so that means all the Monday emails from the other side of the world are pouring in (like the rain as I type) with quite a bit of good stuff but nothing really spectacular so I might just post this and go back to bed, but then again. So let's get into it and see if I can keep in front of the mailbox and keep the rubbish out.
Do you run Windows 2000? And are you getting sick at looking at the same boot screen all the time? Well over at LITTLEWHITEDOG.COM they have just posted a follow-up article to their guide on How to change the Windows 2000 Boot Logo. They had reason to do this after SP2's release caused big problems with their first "How to" and this new one is much easier without the risks of the first. Also they have a Win 2K Boot Logo Gallery which features over 500 images if you feel to lazy to make one of your own but I must admit after looking at them all that there are some very good ones there as well as some very funny ones as well.
Well over at Overclockers Australia they wanted to take a look at the Apple Cooling Techniques employed in the G3 Titanium iBook, G3 iMac and the new Dual 1GHz G4 PowerMac. Why is beyond me but they did and took a few pic's while they were at it. I must say though that the heatsink that covers both CPU's in the G4 is absolutely HUGE. So if you do want to know how an Apple keeps its cool then go and check the pic's out.
Now something that seems to be getting worse lately and really bugs me is the amount of "pop-ups" that are getting to be a plague lately. Don't get me wrong as I don't mind advertising but it's when I get bombarded by these irritating things I start heading for POW! which is by AnalogX (who produce a range of handy free software). Now you'll find that a few of the links here have pop-ups and if your like me you may want to consider this. I don't normally use it except when I go to sites that I know have multitudes of them but lately I feel like having it on most of the time now.
- Basic Celeron Overclocking @ Tweakers Australia
- An Editorial On "The State Of The Gaming Industry" @ BlueSmoke
- Pentium 4 and Athlon XP: Thermal Conditions @ Digit Life
- Everything There Is To Know About the Xbox @ Tom's Hardware
- Soltek SL-85DRV3 (P4X266A) Motherboard @ LostCircuits
- Actiontec USB 802.11b Wireless Adapter @ Overclocker Cafe'
- 11 VIA KT266A Based Motherboard Roundup 2 VIAHardware
- Philips 150P2M 15" LCD Monitor @ The Tech Zone
- Future Power 400w PSU @ OCAddiction
- Global-Win CAK-II38 Heatsink @ GyroTweak
- Samsung SyncMaster 151MP Flat Panel Monitor @ Futurelooks
- Samsung SW-216 16/10/32x CD-RW @ got apex?
- Shuttle Space Walker SV24 Bare Bones System @ HEXUS
- Badge Lite @ SubZeroTech
- LaserBay @ Case Modders Australia
- AMD Duron 1.3GHz @ FiringSquad
- ATI Radeon 8500DV @ Serial Addiction
- Multiplaycity EL Case Badge @ Virtual-Hideout
- Inno3D GeForce2 Ti and GeForce3 Ti 200 @ Savage News
Ok that will do for now so have a good day.