As the first month of 2010 nears its end, AMD has brought out the latest Catalyst Driver Suite, 10.1.
In usual fashion, the latest release brings some application specific performance improvements along with a bunch of bug fixes which you can read about in more detail within the release notes.
Mentioned performance improvements include :-
• Left 4 Dead 2 - Overall performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series products and ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series products
• Crysis - Performance improves as much as 3% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series products and as much as 4% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series products
Highlights of the resolved issues in this suite include :-
• [Catalyst Control Center] The display order will now reflect changes properly when Eyefinity is re-arranged while desktop is rotated to portrait mode
• Hot unplugging one of the displays in an Eyefinity configuration no longer causes rotation modes to disappear from Catalyst Control Center
• [Catalyst Control Center] Enabling LCD Overdrive will no longer cause mouse cursor to magnify when moved overtop of the "Calibration Preview"
• Firefox now works properly and video no longer drop frames when playing Youtube clips with Adobe Flash Player 10
• [Catalyst Control Center] Newly added custom modes will now appear properly in desktop area tree view
• Confirmation dialogue window will now appear when setting up Eyefinity mode
• 120 Hz is no longer missing from display modes for specific digital displays
• Overscan/underscan issue no longer occurs when setting displays to HDTV modes
• Performance drop no longer observed during some scenes of Resident Evil 5cinematics
• Blocky grass and trees no longer visible in Unigine "Heaven" in OpenGL mode
Head over to this page on the GAME.AMD website to download drivers for both 32 and 64-vit versions of Windows XP, Vista and 7.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.