Our Download of the Day today is Notepad++ 5.6.5.
Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
User Defined Syntax Highlighting
Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
Dynamic position of Views
File Status Auto-detection
Zoom in and zoom out
Multi-Language environment supported
Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
Macro recording and playback
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 5.6.5
* Fix loading encoding file making file corrupted (after saving).
* Fix xml/html encoding overrides BOM if present.
* Fixed Chinese/Japanese/Korean characters display problem after "find in the current document".
* Add "set find text and find next" feature.
* Add JSP.
* Recover langs.xml while its length is zero.
* Fix "Close Window(s)" in Window dialog bug (if file is dirty and cancel to close).
* Fix finding "" or "x00" issue in find extened mode.
* Add "u" in find extened mode to find Unicode encoding character(ex. "u00e9" find 'e').