Our Download of the Day today is Audacity 1.3.11 Beta.
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
Record live audio.
Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
Add new effects with LADSPA plug-ins.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.3.11 Beta
# Bug fixes for:
* Imports and Exports:
- Bug when exporting partial selections caused too much audio to be exported is fixed
- Fix corrupt files exported through FFmpeg when metadata included (metadata is now exported correctly in M4A files)
- Prevent saving a new Audacity Project over an existing one as this could corrupt both projects
- Improved help for files that cannot be imported because the relevant optional library is missing
- Allow effects which change the length of the audio they work on to also be applied to selected label tracks, thus keeping them synchronized
- Fixed inability in Nyquist plug-ins to add labels to an existing label track
- (Mac) Equalization window was corrupted after Preview
- (Linux 64-bit) Fixed crash Generating Click Track
* Audio Devices:
- Fixed bug causing recording to stop short when the recording sample rate is not supported by the sound device and libsamplerate is used for resampling
- Fix crash when opening Preferences on a machine where there are no available audio devices
- Fixes for bugs using Timer Record and Sound Activated Recording
* User Interface:
- Sizes of some dialogs adjusted to ensure they fit on the screen
- Fix for supposedly "hidden" items appearing on screen with large monitors
- Various keyboard shortcut and translation fixes
* Other bug fixes:
- Several timing-dependent crashes and minor incorrect behaviours have been fixed
- Windows installer now installs correctly over previous versions of Audacity
# Changes and improvements:
- (Windows) Better icon file with higher resolution and transparency
- New SoundFinder plug-in to label regions of audio between silences, so allowing silences between tracks to be excluded when exporting multiple