Our Download of the Day today is CPU-Z 1.53.
CPU-Z is a freeware utility that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system. CPU-Z does not need to be installed, just unzip the files in a directory and run the .exe. In order to remove the program, just delete the files. The program does not copy any file in any Windows directory, nor write to the registry.
Name and number.
Core stepping and process.
Internal and external clocks, clock multiplier.
Supported instructions sets.
All cache levels (location, size, speed, technology).
Vendor, model and revision.
BIOS model and date.
Chipset (northbridge and southbridge) and sensor.
Frequency and timings.
Module(s) specification using SPD (Serial Presence Detect) : vendor, serial number, timings table.
Windows and DirectX version.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.53
- Intel Core i7 930 & 950, Core i7 980X "Gulftown", Xeon W3565.
- Intel Mobile Core i7/i5/i3 "Arrendale" (LV and ULV).
- Intel "Clarkdale" platform improved support.
- AMD Phenom FX-5000, Athlon II X2/X3/X4, Athlon L110.
- AMD AM3 socket detection improved.
- VIA VX800 and VX855 chipsets support.
- ATI Radeon 2100 and Radeon X1250 support.
- DirectX 11 detection fix.
- Hardware virtualization support now reported as instructions set.
- New HTML report with less information.