Our Download of the Day today is Audacity 1.3.10 Beta.
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
• Record live audio.
• Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
• Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
• Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
• Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
• Add new effects with LADSPA plug-ins.
• And more!
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.3.10 Beta
Imports/Exports bug fixes:
• Freeze importing audio files in Pitch (EAC) view
• Corrupted WAV or AIFF imports and WMA exports
• Metadata Editor appeared before the Export window
Effects bug fixes:
• Crash/hang using Equalization; errors in Reverse and Truncate Silence
• Nyquist: Excessive memory consumption; errors in European locales; inaccurate text box values
• VST effects remained in menu when no longer available
Other bug fixes:
• Spurious "not writable/disk full" errors when saving projects
• Desynchronized playback/data loss when using multiple tracks
• Crash opening Preferences when no valid devices present
• (Windows) Audacity sometimes did not come up on top at launch
• (Linux) Crash when undoing or redoing label edits
• Improved copying/pasting of label-with-audio and system clipboard text
• Contrast Tool now modeless, intuitive handling of multiple project windows, various other improvements
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.