Our Download of the Day today is WindowBlinds 7.0.
WindowBlinds is a software utility that allows you to completely change the look and feel of Microsoft Windows.
It works by applying new visual styles, called skins, across the entire user interface (title bars, push buttons, start menu, taskbar, etc.) of the operating system. As a result, you gain complete control over the way Windows looks.
As good as someone might think Windows looks, it is a one-size fits all solution. WindowBlinds gives users thousands of new looks to choose from.
With skins, WindowBlinds can change the look of:
• Title bars
• The Start bar
• Progress animations
• Explorer Views
• and virtually every other part of Windows!
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 7.0
- Native support for Windows 7
- Native Aero skinning for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users
- Native 64-bit support for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users
- Auto-conversion of Windows XP era skins to Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Ability to apply textures to skins
- A new, easy to use configuration program
- Native Clear-Type support for better font handling
- New Skin format called UIS0 for skinning Aero (takes hours instead of days to create a new skin).
- New WindowBlinds 7 skins included such as Submline, Aero Metals, Corporate, Aero Woods, Aero Clay, Sabertooth along with new WindowBlinds 7 skins being released soon after to the public such as Altitude.
- Option to have a random skin applied each logon
- Much better customization of fonts
- Massive performance improvements in applying of skins.
- Optimization of Windows Vista and Windows 7 DWM drawing to improve battery life on laptops.
- Aero skinning (UIS0) is 100% compatible (it's Aero) with all Windows programs.