Our Download of the Day today is UltraVNC 184.108.40.206.
UltraVNC is a powerful, easy to use and free software that can display the screen of another computer (via internet or network) on your own screen. The program allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control the other PC remotely. It means that you can work on a remote computer, as if you were sitting in front of it, right from your current location. If you provide computer support, you can quickly access your customer's computers from anywhere in the world and resolve helpdesk issues remotely! With addons like SingleClick your customers don't even have to pre-install software or execute complex procedures to get remote helpdesk support.
Key features: File transfer, Video driver, Optional Encryption Plugins, MS Logon, Text chat, Viewer Toolbar, Java Viewer with File Transfer , as well as Auto scaling and Server Side Scaling, Multiple-Monitors-support,Repeater/Proxy-support, Auto reconnection, good performances and tons of other functionalities.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 220.127.116.11
* DSM plugin:
- Multithreaded / interface support
- Require Multithreaded plugins
- Prompt to disable dsm plugin and connect if an unencrypted session is detected.
- Fallback to dibsection if video memory is low (black screen issue)
- Keyboard hook fixed; no longer interferes with keyboard responsiveness. Also scroll lock is properly handled for special keys.
- Repeater ID is shown in in the recent edit box when you connect along with the repeater host.
- Cmdline options to auto accept connections and another to auto accept unencrypted connections
- Remember last local path in file transfer during a session
- Gui lock fixed ( server disconnect without message could lock gui)
- Some mutex changes that were causing issues when there were multiple connections
- Support for multiple connections using dsm plugin
- Support for new plugin interface
- New repeater cmdline option for simplicity
- Some interface changes in the add new client dialog when using sc mode
- Support balloon tip notifications, used in sc mode
- Dialog to show pending or unauth clients such as those waiting with the repeater or reverse connections
- Also some crashes due to bad function pointer init in dsm plugin handlers
- if no incremental udate is requested (full update) the incremental rectangle is the full screen
- deadlock fixed ( server hang after desktop switch (logon-default-screensaver,taskmanager needed to kill)
- server mouse moves get faster processed
- driver is handled faster (there was a not needed 100ms wait in the code)