Our Download of the Day today is GPU-Z 0.3.6.
Today TechPowerUp presents version 0.3.6 of GPU-Z, our graphics sub-system diagnostic utility that provides information on the computer's installed graphics hardware, their various specifications, and provides real-time updates on their parameters such as clock-speeds, temperatures, voltages, and fan-speeds. The utility is backed by our overclock validation system, and an extensive video-card BIOS database. This release brings with it a few important changes that improve compatibility with the latest graphics processors, and enhance usability.
To begin with, GPU-Z introduces an infotip feature that makes understanding graphics hardware easier. Hovering the mouse over an information field shows concise information related to that field. Along with polished support for ATI Radeon HD 5850, and HD 5700 series, version 0.3.6 introduces preliminary support for AMD's newer GPUs. Also introduced is support for several of NVIDIA's GeForce 100 and 200 series GPUs, and some Tesla GPGPU processors. A number of stability issues have also been fixed.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 0.3.6
• Added Infotips, they can be turned off in the system menu
• Added preliminary support for ATI Radeon HD 5900 (Hemlock), HD 5600 (Cedar), HD 5300 (Redwood)
• Added full support for HD 5850, HD 5770, HD 5750
• GPU-Z no longer crashes on ATI ULPS enabled CrossFire configurations
• Fillrate Pixel, Fillrate Texel, Memory Bandwidth will now correctly recalculate when clocks change
• Bus Interface, ATI shader count is now periodically refreshed
• Added support for HD 5850 voltages
• Second voltage on HD 5870 correctly named VDDCI
• ATI clock reading code fixed
• Fixed default clock reading on HD 5850
• Added Mutex to avoid collisions on long I2C operations
• Added basic detection for a lot of NVIDIA card fakes (NV41 sold as 9800 GT etc..)
• Added detection for ATI FireGL V7600, M92, RS880
• Added detection for NVIDIA GT 130, 9600 GE, Tesla C1060, G 220, GT 220, NVS 3100, GTS 160 M, NVS 160M, NVS 150M, G105M, GT 240M, G105M, G210M, G310M, ION LE
• Fixed die size and transistor count on G72 M