Our Download of the Day today is Audacity 1.3.8 Beta.
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- Add new effects with LADSPA plug-ins.
- And more!
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.3.8 Beta
- VST Effects now display in GUI mode by default
- Updated Nyquist implementation
- Improvements to Equalization, Noise Removal, Truncate Silence, Click Track and effects chains
- Improved Plot Spectrum analysis and new preferences for Spectrograms
- Record more than 16 channels (hardware/drivers permitting)
- New "Mixer Board" view with per-track VU meters
- AMR NB export support via the optional FFmpeg library
- 32-bit float data over 0 dB handled without clipping
- Draft Manual/Quick Help included in Windows and Mac installers
- Faster waveform drawing and better response in multi-track projects
- Various bug fixes, stability and accessibility improvements