Our Download of the Day today is Winamp 5.56 Full.
Winamp is a skinnable, multi-format media player.
Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 5.56
* New: Winamp Orgler plugin - Let's you track, chart & share your listening history
* Improved: [jnetlib] New SSL support for playback of https:// streams
* Improved: [ml_autotag] Fuzzy matches now unchecked by default & marked 'Unsure'
* Improved: [ml_local] New background scanner
* Improved: [ml_online] Various tweaks, fixes & enhancements
* Improved: [ml_pmp] Added support for drag+drop from Explorer to device playlists
* Fixed: iexplore process not ending when browser closed after opened via Winamp
* Fixed: Save EQ preset name duplication bug
* Fixed: [Bento skin] SHOUTcast homepage url's redirecting to Winamp search
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] Up/down buttons reversed, 'stop after current' & other issues
* Fixed: [in_mod] Crash on some .s3m modules (w.i.p.)
* Fixed: [in_mod] Playback glitch during background transcoding
* Fixed: [in_wm] Decimal point issues in Alt+3 format info
* Fixed: [in_wm] Embedded IE browser for DRM license acquisition
* Fixed: [in_wm] Loading of URLs in WPL playlist files
* Fixed: [in_mp4/libmp4v2] Integer overflow bug with MP4 sample size
* Fixed: [libsndfile] VOC buffer overflow vulnerability
* Fixed: [ml_impex] Read "has video" field from iTunes XML (and write on export)
* Fixed: [tagz.w5s] Hang with $right function in ATF when specified field is empty
* Fixed: [vis_avs] msvcp71.dll dependency
* Misc: Added front.jpg/gif/etc to album art criteria
* Misc: More miscellaneous general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
* Misc: New omBrowser.w5s shared component for ml_nowplaying, wire & online
* Misc: Removed dashboard (ml_dash) from distribution
* Misc: ml_orb now only installed as part of separate Winamp Remote package
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.0.5
* Updated: libsndfile 1.0.20