Our Download of the Day today is Backup4all 4.2 Beta.
Backup4all protects your valuable data from partial or total loss by automating backup tasks, password protecting and compressing it to save storage space. You can easily backup to any local or network drive, backup to FTP (with support for SSL encryption, proxy server, passive mode), backup to CD/DVD, or other removable media (such as USB drives).
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 4.2 Beta
- New: Added Unicode filename support (files with non-standard characters can be easily backed up now)
- New: Backup4all is now compatible with 64-bit operating systems too
- New: Environment Variables can be used when defining new filters (e.g. %temp%, %SystemRoot%)
- New: File versions can be compared now
- New: Added "Select columns" option in the right-click menu of the versions section (Explore View)
- New: Added option to select new filetype for log files (.txt is accepted now too, given that .log files cannot be opened on Blackberry devices)
- New: Added option "Remove from sources" when right-clicking a file in Explore View
- New: Added "Run With" and "Job Type" in schedule lists
- New: Added a new button for "Ignore all" during restore
- New: Added message for mirror backups to FTP when splitting large files and there is not enough space in temp (Ftp allows files of max 2GB)
- New: Added notification if the CTM gets corrupted (ask user to reinstall application)
- Update: If the notification email has an attachment larger than the sending limit, only the email is sent (without attachment)
- Update: Sources can be modified now even after selecting a Predefined Backup job (this way a backup job can be used as a "template" for future backup jobs)
- Fix: Various fixes for mirror backups (with zip) to removable drives and FTP
- Fix: In particular cases the .bkc got corrupted
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.