Our Download of the Day today is XBMC Media Center 9.04.1.
XBMC is an award winning media center application for Linux, Mac OS X, Windows and XBox. The ultimate hub for all your media, XBMC is easy to use, looks slick, and has a large helpful community. Try it now!
XBMC supports viewing and playing a vast library of audio, video and image formats. XBMC has a sophisticated library management system that allows you to organize all your media to give you quick and immediate access.
XBMC provides a user friendly interface that's intuitive, very flexible, and easy to use. The interface is completely customizable through user-created or downloadable skins.
Plug-ins and Extensibility
XBMC has a built-in Python interpreter that allows users and developers to write their own scripts and plugins that run inside XBMC using it's own widgets and controls. It also has a built-in web server that allows it to be controlled remotely.
XBMC's audio player supports many visualisations including ProjectM and Goom. In addition, it allows easy development of visualisations using a simple API.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 9.04.1
- Updated the web scrapers
- Fixed segfault when clicking on either a Video or Music source which contains a malformed .pls file
- Shoutcast had two ".." paths
- Typo caused VobSub subtitles to render at incorrect timestamps (and possibly crash XBMC)
- Diffuse texture used the wrong coordinates for orientation when scalediffuse="false" was specified
- Reset LCD dim after resuming from suspend
- HDHomeRun was crashing when browsing tuners
- Main title DVD/ISO rips did not return to GUI when playback finished
- XBMC would suspend directly after resume when suspend time > shutdown time
- Speed up RAW image loading and handle more file extensions
- Better WAV handling on 64-bit operating-systems
- Metadata from NFO files not used unless default scraper is the same as the URL in the NFO
- H.264 video and AAC audio streamed over RTMP memory leak and video FPS problem
- [OSX] EventServer could be started multiple times on Mac and Apple TV
- [LINUX] RAW image loading was broken
- [LINUX] Startup.xml was not loaded
- [LINUX] Some plugins were crashing on 64bit
- [WIN32] Updated: ImageLib.dll
- [WIN32] Fixed raw image loading
- [WIN32] XBMC crashed on playing media or no sound with MP3 and video files
- [WIN32] XBMC would crash before the OpenGL warning pop-up message was shown