Our Download of the Day today is foobar2000 0.9.6.6.
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
- Audio formats supported "out-of-the-box": WAV, AIFF, VOC, AU, SND, Ogg Vorbis, MPC, MP2, MP3
- Audio formats supported through official addons: MPEG-4 AAC, FLAC, OggFLAC, Monkey's Audio, WavPack, Speex, CDDA, TFMX, SPC, various MOD types; extraction on-the-fly from RAR, 7-ZIP & ZIP archives
- Full Unicode support on Windows NT
- ReplayGain support
- Low memory footprint, efficient handling of really large playlists
- Advanced file info processing capabilities (generic file info box and masstagger)
- Highly customizable playlist display
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts
- Most of standard components are opensourced under BSD license (source included with the SDK)
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 0.9.6.6
- Matroska files are now taggable even if they don't contain decodable audio tracks.
- Worked-around "Open Containing Folder" command opening two windows on certain machines.
- Added support for Multimedia Class Scheduler Service on Windows Vista and newer.
- Various changes to make specific obscure crashes easier to analyze.
- Updated third-party component blacklist.
- Improved drag&drop compatibility with Windows 7.
Further Reading: Read and find more Software news at our Software news index page.