Our Download of the Day today is uTorrent 1.8.3 Beta 15289.
Torrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all. Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 220 KB in size.
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in µTorrent, including bandwidth prioritization, scheduling, RSS auto-downloading and Mainline DHT (compatible with BitComet). Additionally, µTorrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 220.127.116.11 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 1.8.3 Beta 15289
- Fix: fixed crash when receiving a malformed PEX message
- Fix: evades potential crash when reporting crashdumps
- Fix: crash when parsing some magnet uri components without values
- Fix: crash when starting a torrent in super seed mode and connecting to peers before it's completely loaded
- Change: Scam site warning in installer