Our Download of the Day today is foobar2000 0.9.6.4.
foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
- Audio formats supported "out-of-the-box": WAV, AIFF, VOC, AU, SND, Ogg Vorbis, MPC, MP2, MP3
- Audio formats supported through official addons: MPEG-4 AAC, FLAC, OggFLAC, Monkey's Audio, WavPack, Speex, CDDA, TFMX, SPC, various MOD types; extraction on-the-fly from RAR, 7-ZIP & ZIP archives
- Full Unicode support on Windows NT
- ReplayGain support
- Low memory footprint, efficient handling of really large playlists
- Advanced file info processing capabilities (generic file info box and masstagger)
- Highly customizable playlist display
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts
- Most of standard components are opensourced under BSD license (source included with the SDK)
The latest version includes the following changes:
Changes in Version 0.9.6.4
- Third party components can now register custom protocols with the File Types preferences page.
- Removed the restriction of just one instance of specific DSP in a DSP chain.
- Fixed incorrect handling of 3-channel and 5-channel FLAC and Vorbis files.
- Converter now accepts alternate names for some of command-line encoder binaries (mpcenc.exe, oggenc2.exe).
- Converter and File Operations components no longer strip trailing dots from names of created files.
- Improved compatibility with dodgy Windows shell replacements.
- Automated submission of crash reports.