Microsoft will introduce a beta version of Vista's second Service Pack to the masses tomorrow, this through the means of a customer preview program. The company hopes to get extensive feedback by opening the doors to a much wider audience which will eventually lead to an RTM (release to manufacturing) build somewhere around the vicinity of April next year.
Service Pack 2 for Vista will include all post-SP1 patches and fixes, additional hardware support and also the addition of the following features :-
- Windows Search 4.0 for faster and improved relevancy in searches
- Bluetooth 2.1 Feature Pack supporting the most recent specification for Bluetooth technology
- Ability to record data on to Blu-Ray media natively in Windows Vista
- Windows Connect Now (WCN) to simplify Wi-Fi configuration
- UTC timestamps support for the exFAT file system to allow correct file synchronization across time zones
More details at The Windows Blog.
Further Reading: Read and find more news at our news index page.